Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Venners, who are a part of The Christie Group, are a specialist national supplier of operational and financial business services to the hospitality and entertainment industry, as well as other sectors. Our leading stock control, auditing and advisory solutions support thousands of businesses across the United Kingdom and Europe. We supply audits, training and software solutions to hotels, restaurants, bars, clubs, cafes, pubs, stadiums, events, catering businesses, helping clients achieve and maintain peak profitability, efficiency, and compliance levels.
We are looking to recruit a conscientious, forward-thinking, and innovative individual to join our friendly team and become a part of our ever-growing business model.
About the role
As an Office Assistant, you will:
• Use Microsoft Word.
• Use Microsoft Excel.
• Draft and send letters and invoices to clients.
• Deal with telephone, and email enquiries using Microsoft Outlook, for both internal and external contacts.
• Photocopy and print various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
• Organise and store paperwork, documents, and computer-based information in line with GDPR regulations for which training will be given.
• Create and maintain filing and other office systems.
• Maintain company holiday and absence records.
• Assist in planning work for the field-based team using the in-house system.
• Assist in compiling reports for our larger clients.
• Set up new jobs.
• Book travel and accommodation for colleagues
• Liaise with staff in other departments and with external contacts.
• Complete stationery orders.
• Maintain office health and safety procedures and records.
• and more.
Working for us
To fulfil the role you will need to have:
• Strong organisational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• The ability to plan your own work, use your initiative and meet deadlines.
• The ability to prioritise tasks.
• The ability to accept and understand instructions.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Tact, discretion, and respect for confidentiality.
• A pleasant, confident telephone manner.
• Customer service skills
• Teamworking ability.
• Reliability and honesty.
If you are interested in applying for the role, then please submit your application through our website. We are unable to use agencies for the recruitment of this position.
• Company pension
• On-site parking
• Sick pay
• Holiday Pay
• Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
• 35 hours per week
• No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
• Profit related annual bonus.
In person at the Venners Harlow office